By – Kavita Shyam
We all love to savor recipes which help us keep warm especially in cold and dark winter days. You need piping hot, or comfort food to help you sail through the chilly months. You need hearty recipes to keep you warm, cozy and a little bit of sinful indulgence with heavy ingredients will do us no harm at all. Here are a few favorite cold weather dishes from expert chefs for all our readers. In winters one tends to feel very hungry, often and one needs more easy to make food/desserts so that if you happen to stay put inside the cozy confines of your home you can prepare these simple dishes for your kith n kin. Sure, it makes for a great way to express love to your near and dear ones besides the only way to the heart of your someone special! Expert chef Bharti Sanghi gives you an excellent dessert to keep warm and steer clear of hunger pangs, which is a hot with people across all age groups.
Molten Chocolate Soufflé
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 100g Butter, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 2 tbs caster sugar, extra
- 8 Lindt Lindor Dark Chocolate Balls
- Double cream, to serve
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 10g Butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four 310ml (1 1/4-cup) ovenproof dishes with butter.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a large glass or ceramic bowl in microwave on high, stirring every minute until smooth. Once smooth, leave it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the sugar, flour and egg yolks into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Use an electric beater to whisk egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add the extra sugar and whisk until firm peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold inwards the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among the greased dishes. Press 2 chocolate balls into the center of the chocolate mixture in each dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, heat the chocolate, thickened cream and butter in a heatproof jug in microwave on high, stirring every minute until melted and smooth.
- Serve with sauce and double cream.
Another signature dish from Westin which is favorite in winter months to beat the winter blues.
Palak Anardana Tikki
Method of Preparation
- Blanch chopped spinach and sauté with royal cumin and fine chopped green chilies.
- Bind with roast potatoes, corn flour and stuffed with fresh pomegranate and hung yoghurt.
- Take oil shallow fry in a pan.
- Serve piping hot with Mint/ tamarind chutney
- Decorate with little salad and salad leaves.