By -Kavita Shyam
Gone are the days for simple manicures, there are new ways to get creative with your nails. Nail Art is popular from red carpet manicures, Bollywood hi-tea dos to notable runway moments. When the weather gets colder, your nail art can get shimmery and coloured, to beat the winter blues away. From chic, minimal negative space designs to multi-colour stripes and cocktail inspirations, read on for a few standouts, chicest trends in nail designs this season.
Nail Art Inspirations:
- Find manicure magic in Swarovski crystals, gold, copper and silver foils if you are feeling rich.
- Include small fabric pieces like velvet, denim, lace to give it a dressy feel.
- Go real with real rose or marigold petals, leaves, twigs et all!
- Do colour-block, monochrome, kitch or pop art on your playground, your nails we mean!
- From sequins, ribbons, glitter, metallic pieces, you can go wild in your imagination with your nail art for a night out with friends!
Hair Ok Please, a Nail, hair, makeup salon in Mumbai gives us the following trends below on Nail Art for all you fashionistas. Take note!
Nail Art – the two-sided sword. Get it right: you are the next gen style icon, get it wrong: you will still be talked about, but not in a good way! Nails always make a first impression and well-kept nails speak a lot about you. Invest a few extra minutes and you have yourself beautiful Nail Art, which need a night out of their own, just to flaunt. If you follow the trends closely and love Instagram as much as we do, then you must have noticed the latest trends are notch higher than the last year.
Here are some nail art trends, which are rocking the beauty world right now:
- 3D: Movies to printers, the world is revolving around everything 3D, so are the nail art designs. 3D floral design to keep up with the floral trends which started early this year. We are also experimenting a lot of mini 3D charms to embellish the nails. Usually it’s done on monochromes on the ring finger or you can opt for something subtle like tribal charms on nudes. The 3D charms look better on longer nails.
- Frosted: From Ice blues to rose pinks, frosted nail art is in. Steel grey is another favorite color and can stand on its own with just minimalistic embellishments. Naomi Watts sported the frosty grey at Cannes this year with a grey gown and showed us minimalism is definitely in.
- Boho-Chic: Everything bohemian is in and so are the nails. Simple and extremely doable designs, which involve pretty nudes and whites, make your nails look pretty. Suitable for any length and shape, some combinations or vertical and horizontal stripes with a few tribal designs, and you have a bohemian chic nail art.
- Summer- Spring Goth: Yes, we all think of whites and pastels with floral when it comes to Summer and Spring but the glitterati raised the bar at Cannes this year by introducing opting for dark hues like black, plum and oxblood along with touch of metallic art. Again, works on any nail length.
- Shattered Glass Nails: Another big hit at Cannes this year was the Shattered Glass Nails effect. Either teamed up with pearl effect or a sheer gloss, this trend is just started in India and will be here for a while. Similar to this in its black or oxblood counterpart is the oil spill look. With just a touch of metallic color as a base infused with multi colors actually gives an oil spill look.
- Minimalistic: Half-moon designs in simple colors like black or white or just nude look really pretty and stand out. This literally might be the easiest form of nail art ever. You don’t need symmetrical lines. So it’s a definite win-win for all of us.
- Textured Matte & metallic: Matte nails are here to stay, so are the metallic ones. You can play with glitter, charms, shimmer, and so much more. You can just texturize one nail or all of them. Looks very glamorous on claw nails.
Now girls, go nail it!