28.5 C
Australia
Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Stop using Galaxy Note 7: Samsung

Must read

Coronavirus Victoria: Massive queues type outdoors Shepparton testing websites

Queues have begun forming outdoors COVID-19 testing websites within the regional Victoria metropolis of Shepparton hours earlier than they're as a consequence of...

Netball: The Zoom known as that saved Tremendous Netball from disaster

It was the late-night Zoom name that saved the Tremendous Netball season and prevented “catastrophic” monetary implications for the game. The Melbourne Vixens...

Samsung Electronics is urging consumers worldwide to stop using Galaxy Note 7 smartphones immediately and exchange them as soon as possible.

The call from the South Korean company, the world’s largest smartphone maker, comes as more reports of the phones catching fire emerged even after the company’s global recall.

US authorities urged users to switch the Galaxy Note 7 off and not to use or charge it during a flight.

Several airlines around the world have asked travellers not switch on the jumbo smartphone or put it in checked baggage, with some carriers banning the phone on flights.

In a statement posted on Saturday on its website, Samsung asked users around the world to “immediately” return their existing Galaxy Note 7 and get a replacement.

“We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note 7s and exchange them as soon as possible,” said Koh Dong-jin, Samsung’s mobile president.

“We are expediting replacement devices so that they can be provided through the exchange program as conveniently as possible.”

Consumers can visit Samsung’s service centres to receive rental phones for temporary use. Samsung plans to provide Galaxy Note 7 devices with new batteries in South Korea starting on September 19, but schedules for other countries vary.

Earlier this month, Samsung announced an unprecedented recall of 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7s worldwide just two weeks after the phone was launched.

That move came after Samsung’s investigation into reports of fires found that rechargeable lithium batteries manufactured by one of its suppliers were at fault.

Samsung said it had confirmed 35 cases of the Galaxy Note 7 catching fire as of September 1, most of them occurring while the battery was being charged.

There are at least two more cases that Samsung said it is aware of – one at a hotel in Perth and another in St Petersburg, Florida, where a family reported that a Galaxy Note 7 left charging in their Jeep had caught fire, destroying the vehicle.

Samsung released the Galaxy Note 7 on August 19. The Galaxy Note series is one of the most expensive lineups made by Samsung.

Online Source

The Indian Telegraph Sydney Australia

Latest article

Cricket: Take a look at spinner Nathan Lyon rolled his arm over for the primary time this summer time in Adelaide.

Australia’s Take a look at preparation stepped up in regular vogue in Adelaide as Mitchell Starc had a protracted bowl within the nets,...

Paineful wait is lastly over

Eight months since his final rating of substance, and after an extended wait and a whole bunch of throwdowns, Tim Paine has a...

Jacqui Lambie: ex prime staffer sues for unfair dismissal

Senator Jacqui Lambie’s notorious feedback about liking males who're wealthy, silent and have “a bundle between their legs” have been the start line...

Ex-Sydney instructor groomed boys for intercourse, court docket hears

A Sydney highschool instructor allegedly informed a teenage boy he appeared “attractive” and requested if he thought her breasts have been “too large”...

Cricket: Aussie star Alyssa Healy has to get via the WBBL bubble earlier than she will see husband Mitch Starc once more

Alyssa Healy says she is “too scared” to have a look at a summer season schedule which stays in a state of flux...