GUNMAN JUST 15: Teen visited Parramatta mosque before police murder


- Sponserd Ads -

THE gunman who shot dead a police staffer was a 15-year-old who had visited Parramatta Mosque on his way to commit murder.

The teenager, a naturalised Australian who arrived with his family from Iran, had walked to the police headquarters in Charles Street from his home in North Parramatta before opening fire on a civilian police employee.

Police are today trying to trackdown the teenage killer’s family who may have left the area.

His victim was a father-of-two, a son and a daughter, who is understood to have worked in the finance area for police.

Witnesses have told The Saturday Telegraph that after shooting dead the civilian employee, the teenager ran up and down infront of police headquarters waving his handgun in the air and shouting: “Allah. Allah.”

It was then that two special constables on security duty ran from the police building and shot the gunman dead.

Police are trying to find out who radicalised the teenager.

He had no identification on him and it is understood to be his brotherwho rang police and said he thought he knew who the gunman was.

Security may be beefed up at tomorrow’s NRL grand final following the incident.

The bodies of the victim and the shooter were removed earlier this morning.

Charles St is still completely blocked from Macquarie St to George St, with only residents being allowed past the cordons.

Last night Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione described the incdient as a “brutal crime” after reviewing CCTV footage.

“An employee of the NSW Police Force has been callously murdered,” he said.

“I viewed a number of pieces of footage. I can tell you this was a brutal crime. A terrible crime.”

The gunman, walked past one ­female police officer before shooting the civilian employee in the back of the head.

It is not certain if the victim was known to the gunman, who had still not been identified late on Friday night.

Mr Scipione said the vision showed the civilian employee was “targeted”.

The attacker remained on the street after killing the public servant with a single shot and got into an exchange with special constables working in the building.

The commissioner praised the bravery of the special constables guarding the entrance, who have full police powers and who were sprayed with bullets by the gunman before he was shot dead.

He said police had not ruled out that the gunman, who had no identification on him, was working with others, although it was too soon to know the motive.

Online Source

The Indian Telegraph Sydney Australia

Share post:


More like this

Miss India Australia 2021 Winner

Sanya Arora, 22 years, dermal therapist, from Melbourne, has been...

Visa changes to support the reopening of Australia and our economic recovery

The Morrison Government is making it easier for highly...

Sydney international terminal bustling once again

After nearly 600 days of closed foreign borders, I...