WhatsApp has recently rolled out the fingerprint lock feature for Android users
WhatsApp now allows you to watch Netflix trailers without leaving the app
Instant messaging application WhatsApp has unveiled a plethora of new features this year. From the recently-launched fingerprint unlock to much-awaited ‘Dark Screen’ mode, the aim is to make the messaging experience more convenient across the world. Users can download the latest version of the Facebook-owned messaging application to experience the new features. Some of these new features are available only in the beta version.
Five latest feature of WhatsApp:
1) WhatsApp has recently rolled out the fingerprint lock feature for Android users. WhatsApp can now be locked or unlocked using the phone’s built-in fingerprint sensor. To enable the new fingerprint lock feature, users need to go to the ‘Settings’ option and then select Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock. Now you need to toggle on Fingerprint lock to enable the feature. After enabling the new fingerprint lock feature, you can still reply to messages from the WhatsApp notifications and answer WhatsApp calls. The fingerprint lock option is only required when you want to open WhatsApp. Users will get three options under ‘Automatically lock’ — ‘Immediately’, ‘After 1 minute’, ‘After 30 minutes’ to choose from.
2) Recently, WhatsApp has implemented a new feature for iPhone users where Netflix trailers are now available on PiP mode. WhatsApp users will let the users play Netflix trailers without opening the Netflix application. WhatsApp also allows users to watch Facebook, YouTube and Instagram videos within the app.
3) WhatsApp has recently rolled out boomerang feature for iPhone users on beta. Boomerang is a popular feature on Instagram which lets you create GIF like videos. Now iPhone users can capture Boomerang videos on Whatsapp. Along with the latest Boomerang feature, WhatsApp has also added in-app edit tools for photos and videos. With the latest update, iPhone users can play voice message in notification itself. There is no need to open WhatsApp to listen to voice messages.
4) According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp’s latest beta update has something for the much-awaited dark mode. WhatsApp is still working on the dark mode feature to ensure bug-free experience before the release, said WABetaInfo. The new Splash Screen is available in the dark mode on the beta version of WhatsApp. The lock icon on WhatsApp has also been updated for dark mode.
5) Amid a controversy over privacy, WhatsApp has announced a tweak in its privacy settings. The new update will will allow users to choose who from their contact list can add them to a group chat. Users can access privacy settings to select one of the three options— ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts,’ or ‘My Contacts Except’. “With these new features, users will have more control over the group messages they receive,” WhatsApp added.