The charges against pop star Guy Sebastian’s former manager have been withdrawn and replaced with 61 new charges, a court has heard.
Titus Day, the former manager of pop star Guy Sebastian, has had his fraud charges withdrawn and replaced with allegations he embezzled royalties and performance fees from the inaugural Australian Idol winner.
Downing Centre Local Court was told on Friday that 61 fraud offences the celebrity manager was initially charged with had been withdrawn.
Replacing them, according to court documents seen by NCA NewsWire, are 61 charges of embezzlement.
Mr Day, who is on bail, did not appear in court.
He stands accused of embezzling about $1.15 million from the star.
The amounts allegedly withheld by the manager range from $109.48 to $214,565.88.
Mr Day’s lawyer Daniel Wakim said outside court his client maintained his innocence on the embezzlement charges and would defend them completely.
“All 61 fraud charges originally laid against Mr Day have been withdrawn,” he said.
“At this stage the Crown have chosen to proceed on a different offence to which Mr Day maintains his innocence and will defend completely.”
The 61 embezzlement charges were certified on Friday to proceed in the District Court.
The matter is next in court on February 18.