38 C
Australia
Sunday, November 29, 2020

Tinder user Brett Taylor hit with more sex asault charges

Must Read

Templers, SA: Hearth crews comprise grass fireplace close to Barossa Valley

Crews have contained a grass fireplace burning close to the Barossa Valley wine area in South Australia, however residents are being warned to...

A-League: Sydney FC to host Melbourne City in first week of new season

A grand final rematch and two derbies are set to feature in the first round of the new A-League season.A grand final rematch...
The Indian Telegraphhttps://theindiantelegraph.com.au/
Established in 2007, The Indian Telegraph is a multi award winning digital media company based in Australia.
Tinder user Brett Taylor hit with more sex asault charges


A Melbourne university student who is accused of raping and choking women he met on Tinder has been hit with more sex offences.

Police will allege in court that Berwick man Brett Taylor raped and choked multiple women in Melbourne and in regional Victoria including the towns of Drouin and Warragul between 2018 and May 2020.

The 25-year-old is now facing ten charges including six of rape and four of assault by choking, Melbourne Magistrates Court heard on Friday.

He had previously been charged with six charges.

A man who allegedly raped women after they matched on Tinder has been hit with more charges. Photo: AFP
media_cameraA man who allegedly raped women after they matched on Tinder has been hit with more charges. Photo: AFP

“The facts in issue are whether it was consensual or not,” prosecutor Fiona Martin told the court.

In the latest charges filed with the court police allege Mr Taylor raped and choked a woman at Narre Warren between January 1 and February 25 2020.

They also claim the student raped and choked a woman at Warrugul in May 2020.

He was previously charged with raping and choking a 19-year-old woman who he met via the Tinder dating app after they went for dinner at Drouin in 2018.

Brett Taylor will face a committal hearing for the allegations next year.
media_cameraBrett Taylor will face a committal hearing for the allegations next year.

In March he allegedly raped and choked an 18-year-old woman at student accommodation in Burwood after also meeting on the Tinder app, court documents show.

Up to 15 witnesses are expected to give evidence during the committal hearing set down for a week, magistrate Andrew Capp was told.

Before the latest allegations Mr Taylor was granted bail in the Supreme Court of Victoria in August.

His bail was extended until the committal hearing in June next year.

Originally published as Tinder user hit with more rape charges

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Mount Gambier deadly: teen charged with inflicting three deaths

A 16-year-old boy will seem in court docket after the automotive he was driving was allegedly concerned in a crash which killed three...

Sydney hearth: Northmead dwelling on hearth after sizzling climate

Households have been evacuated and a minimum of one house is alight in western Sydney after a hearth alert was issued for the...

Fraser Island blaze: fireys struggle to guard vacationer drawcards

A hearth on Queensland’s Fraser Island has burned by way of 40 per cent of the world heritage-listed website.Firefighters are warning that climate...

Susan Shaw: Vic Police, son enchantment over lacking lady

This Victorian mum was noticed by police in vivid pink boots strolling down the centre of the street in the course of the...

China commerce: Simon Birmingham declines to China of ‘financial coercion’

Australia has threatened to take motion towards China after it slapped a harsh penalty on us final week. However there’s one key query...