21.2 C
Sydney
Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Fire service praise for boy after he alerted family to house fire

Must read

- Sponsored Ad -
Fire service praise for boy after he alerted family to house fire

A THREE-year-old New Town boy has been credited with saving his family home from burning down after alerting his father to a blaze in the kitchen this morning.

A Tasmania Fire Service spokesman said units from Hobart and Glenorchy arrived at the address about 9am to find the house thick with black smoke

- Advertisement -

Firefighters entered the house wearing breathing apparatus and quickly brought the fire under control, preventing it spreading from the kitchen area.

The fire, which was started by cooking being left unattended, caused approximately $20,000 damage.

- Advertisement -

After the boy alerted his father to the fire, the family was able to escape uninjured.

The property did not contain any working smoke alarms.

- Advertisement -

“This is another occurrence of householders not paying enough attention to fire safety in their homes,” the TFS spokesman said.

“Just a few simple actions can help keep your family safe from fire in your home.

“Never leave cooking unattended. Turn it off before you turn away.

“Install a photoelectric smoke alarm in each sleeping area, hallway and living area.”

Online Source: The News

- Sponsored Ad -

More articles

Latest article