Sanjay Dutt reportedly got his US visa last week and one thought that he would soon pack his bags to fly to the States for treating his lung cancer. But now has it exclusively that, as things stand today, the ‘Munna Bhai M.B.B.S’ star seems to have decided to hold back in Mumbai and get treated here itself.
It had been a big dilemma for Sanjay since the past few days whether he should go to the US or not in today’s times of COVID-19; the numbers of the pandemic being as bad in the US as in India. This is perhaps the first reason why he’s not going for now. The second reason is that his fluid accumulation in the lungs was increasing (the actor had got 1.5 litres eliminated in Lilavati Hospital about 2 weeks ago) and there was no point in waiting any longer as it would have only added adversely to his health issue.
Also exclusively has it that Sanjay has in fact begun his first cycle of treatment in Mumbai. A source close to him says, “Sanjay has immense will power.”
Sanjay’s close friend Sujit Jain, who resides in Pune, was supposed to travel with him to the US. Sujit has gone back to Pune. When contacted, Sujit simply said, “No comments,” and then just added, “But Sanju is in Mumbai only.”
We called Dr Jalil Parkar (senior consultant at Lilavati Hospital who had been at the helm on the tests conducted on Sanju that led to the diagnosis of his ailment). Dr Parkar confirmed, “Sanjay is taking his treatment at Kokilaben Ambani Hospital and he’s going to continue doing so. When he last met me, he had expressed this desire. Seems for the time being, he has deferred his plans of travelling to the US and getting treated.”
When contacted, Torbaaz producer and Sanjay’s friend, Rahul Mittra, also confirmed. Said Mittra, “Sanjay is not going out of Mumbai for now for his cancer treatment.” Added Mittra, “Sanjay is a good fighter. He shall overcome.”
However, Sanjay’s visit to the US or any place abroad cannot be ruled out completely. A source close to him says, “Look, this would depend on how he responds to the treatment here. It will be a wait-n-watch approach. As we go along, he continues to remain within his rights to decide what’s best for him.”