16.1 C
Sydney
Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Delays On Harbour Bridge After Two Separate Car Accidents

Must read

- Sponsored Ad -
Delays On Harbour Bridge After Two Separate Car Accidents

Motorists approaching the Sydney Harbour Bridge are facing delays after two separate car accidents blocked lanes.

A four-wheel-drive slammed into a toll booth at the northern entrance to the Harbour Bridge on the Cahill Expressway, blocking two lanes, just before 6.20am.

- Advertisement -

Two people in the car were freed by emergency personnel, and were taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for further medical checks.

Police said their injuries were not considered to be life threatening.

- Advertisement -

All lanes re-opened on the bridge just in time for the peak hour rush about 7.30am.

Transport Management Centre spokesman David Wright said temporary repairs had been made to the damaged toll booths, and the accident had probably added about 10 minutes to morning commutes.

- Advertisement -

“If it happened now the impact would be a lot more significant than when it happened then,” Mr Wright said.

Drivers travelling northbound approaching the bridge are also facing delays after a car overturned near the toll booths about 6.40am, blocking two of three northbound lanes on the Western Distributor.

Police said there were no details on any injuries sustained by the driver.

A separate four-vehicle crash on the Warringah Freeway heading towards Cammeray added to the city’s traffic problems.

Both those accident sites have been cleared.

Online Source: The Sydney Morning Herald.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article