The annual India Australia Business & Community Awards (IABCA) is a welcome sign of how far relations between Australia and India have advanced.
We are pleased to announce that the NSW Parliament has endorsed the India Australia Business & Community awards yesterday and a motion has been passed and accepted along with names of all IABCA finalists by Hon. Daniel Mookhey MLC. The IABCA finalists are recognised in the Hansard now, which is the official record of the proceedings of the Parliament.
On Tuesday 17 September 2015, The Honourable Daniel Mookhey MLC gave notice that this House notes that:
1. The India Business and Community Awards are a wonderful initiative that celebrates the phenomenal depth of talent and dedication to the Australian community displayed by Australian-Indians.
2. These awards granted in varying categories showcase the everyday Australian-Indians are who are making a significant contribution to their communities.
3. This year’s awards will be presented on the 30th October 2015, along with the coveted award of Indian Australian Ambassador of the Year.
4. These awards play a vital role in celebrating the significant contribution of Australian-Indians.
5. This year’s finalists for the IABCA Young Professional of the Year are:
a. Sonia Bahri, Technical consultant, Ausind Solar International;
b. Gautam Divekar, Principal Designer, GD Design Consultants;
d. Dr Smariti Kapila, ENT Surgeon, Inner West ENT;
e. Bali Padda, Producer, Actor and Co-Chair of Equity Diversity; Committee Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance;
f. Chintan Shah, Management Consultant, PwC.
6. This year’s finalists for the Young Community Achiever of the Year:
a. Abinesh Ilangovan;
c. Preetinder Pal Singh;
d. Navdeep Pasricha;
e. Deeju Sivadas.
7. This year’s finalists for the Business Leader or Professional of the Year:
a. Vivek Bhatia, Chief Executive Officer and Board Member, Safety, Return to Work & Support
b. Dr Pradnya Dugal, Founding Partner, Synergy Radiology;
c. Dr Roy George, Senior Lecturer, Griffith University;
e. Shalini Kumar, Head of Operations, Cubbyhouse Childcare Australia;
f. Natasha Malani, Councillor, Adelaide City Council;
g. Rohit Mendiratta, Head of Strategy, AustralianSuper;
h. Nadish Naoroji, Managing Director, Pixel Perfect Pro Lab;
i. DD Saxena, Managing Director, ROBE.
8. This year’s finalists for the Community Services Excellence Award are:
a. Molina Asthana;
b. Dilip Chopra;
d. Deepak-Raj Gupta;
e. Manpreet Kaur Singh;
f. Surendra Prasad OAM;
g. The Indian Dance Centre.
9. This year’s finalists for the Community Association of the Year are:
f. The Goan Overseas Association;
g. The Mukti-Gupteshwar Mandir Society;
10. This year’s finalists for Travel Agency/Tour Operator of the Year are:
a. Aussizz Travels
b. Beacon Holidays;
c. Taj Voyages Pty Ltd
d. ￼Target Travel & Tours;
e. ￼The Trekking Company
f. Travel and Taste
11. This year’s finalists for Indian Restaurant of the Year are:
d. Indian Chimney;
e. Indian Tandoori Restaurant (Albury);
f. Tadka Boom!;
g. The Spice Avenue;
h. Urban Tadka.
12. This year’s finalists for Small Business of the Year are:
a. Ausind Solar Intl;
b. Hallmark Computer Pty Ltd;
f. Onroad Driving School;
g. Pier Concierge Services Pty Ltd;
h. The Chocolate Room;
i. M & M Imports Pty Ltd.
13. This year’s finalists for SME of the Year are:
a. ￼ ￼Adactin Group Pty;
b. ￼ Jewel Fine Foods (JFF);
c. Narula Group of Child Care Companies
d. ￼Riverina Oils & BioEnergy;
e. Century 21 North Western;
f. Synergy Radiology Pty Ltd
14. That it congratulates all the finalists in all categories of the 2015 India Business and Community
Further information or to interview the Senator please E: [email protected] or contact Sonia Gandhi on P: 0414 497 791 W: www.iabca.com.au