Are you set to rock your first date or a date night with your beau? To ensure nothing goes wrong on your perfect night, we bring to you a few drool-worthy looks that are sure to leave your date mesmerised. Be it a romantic picnic in the park, a long drive or a glamorous candlelight dinner, it’s good to know how you can up the ante in every occasion.
Stylist and designer Rhea Singhal suggests a few looks to rule the date night: “A classic monochrome is evergreen. Show off some toned legs in a pair of fun shorts and blazer ensemble. Just be sure that you opt for a longline blazer to pull of the look. Another look that I’d vouch for if you want to add a little sparkle to your persona, is a fancy sequined crop top, with your favourite ripped denim or pedal pushers. Complement the look with strappy heels to pull it all together. It’s a fun, sporty and not-trying-too-hard combination anyone would love. Grab your favourite denim skinnies and add a top with a little something extra, from ruffles, cutouts, one-shoulders, cold shoulders, bell sleeves or exaggerated sleeves to make sure it’s statement-worthy!”
The idea is to look easy, charming, comfortable yet effortlessly sexy in whatever you wear. Here’s are a few tips how:
1. Try a monochrome pantsuit. This silhouette is a toned-down pick for evening meets straight after office hours and a big must-buy for a special weekday. Add a hint of glamour to the look with glittery sandals and simple makeup.
2. A black or floral floor-length gown emanates tremendous elegance. You can pair it effortlessly with your chic stilettos. Needless to add, you are ready for a lovely evening by the poolside. Might we add, flowy dresses are a mystical blend of cute and cool.
3. We are banking on sheath dresses or knee-length belted asymmetricals for those mushy date nights. Dresses that are belted at the waist with side cuts and V-necks can be appealing. All you have to do is pair it up with stilettos and dark-red lips to make it a memorable night.
4. Add a little oomph with some layering. Bodycons alone, can be boring. Layer your look by simply throwing on a leather jacket. Think burgundy or red bodycon with black leather biker jacket. Flashy, but does the trick.
5. Invest in a tube dress with a thigh-high slit for those club nights. Skinshow is passé said no one ever.
6. Pleated maxi skirts are back. So if you haven’t one already, get one now. Remember the 80’s and go for a tight-pleated, floor-length piece paired with a tube top and you are sure to make heads turn.
7. Noodle-strap metallic dresses add a whole new level to sensuous looks. Team them with the right heels and clutch and you are good to go.