At least three people have been burnt after a gas explosion at an Indian restaurant in Sydney’s west.
Emergency services were called about 10.10pm on Tuesday to reports of an explosion in the coolroom of the Spice of Life restaurant in Harris Park.
Four people were assessed at the scene, and at least three were taken to Westmead Hospital for burns treatments, an ambulance spokesman said.
NSW Fire & Rescue commander Adam Dewberry said the three had minor burns to their arms and legs.
Four fire crews attended the incident, including the Hazmat team.
The Hazmat team was called to ventilate the restaurant because of a concern with a toxic flammable gas, but damage to the restaurant was minimal, he said.
Source: The Sydney Morning Herald